zaterdag 5 juni 2010

Apollo Brown - The Reset (2010)



















Tracklist:

01. Our Time
02. Hungry feat. Rapper Big Pooh & Black Milk
03. Lower The Boom feat. Oddisee, Kenn Starr & Sareem Poems
04. Beauty Of A Day feat. The Regiment
05. Real Detroit feat. The Left
06. Seasons feat. Stik Figa
07. Brag Language feat. Buff 1 & Magestik Legend
08. Streets Won’t Let Me Chill feat. Diamond District
09. Balance feat. John Robinson & Kenn Starr
10. Turn & Run feat. Med & Rapper Big Pooh
11. Odds Ain’t Fair feat. Hassaan Mackey
12. Brainwash feat. yU, Grap Luva & Finale
13. Just Think feat. Magestik Legend
14. Propa feat. Oddisee & Tranqill
15. Ghetto Soul Music feat. Declaime, Prince Po & Finale


Balance feat John Robinson & Kenn Starr

Hungry feat Rapper Big Pooh & Black Milk


Seasons feat. Stik Figa

About Apollo Brown:
"I'm a producer out of Detroit by long way of Grand Rapids, Michigan. I produce songs, not just "beats". I'm not a fan of commercial music at all. I love grittiness in my sound, and a little static is even better. I firmly believe that the starving artist is the best artist. Creating habitually good music for about 9 or 10 years now, I've seen alot, heard alot, met alot, and haven't been impressed with alot. It's just me and my ear, my ear and my music. I concentrate on making the type of sound that "I" like, the sound from my favorite era of hip hop, 1991-1996. I don't conform to a certain sound just because it's a sound that everyone else likes. In my 28 years of age, my mood changes, and I create whatever comes to mind. I don't have much to say and publicly I'm kinda shy, so I speak through my music which I guess I can call my "wordless testimony". I try to make music that speaks to the listeners, even without an emcees lyrics. I like to sample any and everything that grabs me. I like to chop, cut, and filter samples to make my own melodies. I hate "keyboard beats" with a passion! Unless it's my dude Zo! I make music to incite the scrunch face and the natural headknod motion, music to provoke the talented MC's thought process. I admire alot of producers in the game who stay themselves at all times like Premier, Kev Brown, Pete Rock, Dilla, etc.
"

One of the best albums of 2010 production wise that i can promise!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Real Time Web Analytics